One thing that comes with warmer weather is music festivals. I've never been to a music festival but from I've seen in pictures and videos, it's clear to see that it's not just about the music. In recent years, music festivals have become a fashion runway of sorts. Probably one of the most known festival is the Coachella Music Festival in southern California. While the show line-up is hot, the fashion is hotter! Even celebs have gotten into the music/fashion clash. If you're attending a music festival this season but you are stuck on what to wear for the occassion, then fear no more! I've come up with tips on looking like a festival veteran!
- As is true, weather will always dictate what you wear. Shorts, maxi skirts and dresses are the perfect length for the hot climate.
- Tribal patterns, and anything 'gypsy' inspired are great muses.
- For shoes, opt for something comfortable. You will be standing/walking/dancing for hours so it's best to party it up in reasonable heights.
- A hobo bag or backpack are great to keep your essentials (like a water bottle) by your side.
- Carefree hair is perfect. Think braids, waves, and perfectly messy hair. Top it off with a hat.
- Keep make-up minimal. Summer heat and sweat will smear and smudge your face.Always keep some SPF nearby, a beautiful face starts with beautiful skin.
I always learn better through pictures so here are some to inspire your festival wardrobe.
See more inspiration on my music fest board. What music festival would you want to be at this year? Mine of course is Coachella!!!
|Stand out from the crowd in bold bright colors.|
|Don't be afraid to embrace bohemian trends.|
|Keep cool in a flowy dress.|
|Vanessa Hudgens in denim cut-offs and a crochet top.|
|Keep hair out of your face by adding a headband, flower child style.|
|Protect your eyes in some retro sunnies.|