Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Costumes Part 2

A day later than planned but here it is! This is part 2 of my Halloween costume series and continues from the first 5 ideas. To see part 1 click here. Part 2 is about certain 'times' if that makes any sense. :)

6. Stepford Wife (50s). 
Think 50s-60s prim and proper conservative dressing. I love this because this includes floral tea dresses and perfectly done hair and pearls! If you've seen the movie The Stepford Wives both the original or the remake they both display the attire or even the recent movie The Help.

7. Flapper (20s).
Probably my favorite decade is the Roaring 20s. Just the thought of sequined fringe dresses and short jet black hair makes me want to do the Charleston!

8. Marie Antoinette (1770s-1780s).
French couture is a fun and luxurious way of dressing. I personally love Sophia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette for it's fashion just as much as for the actual story. Think big dresses and big hair.

9. Madonna (80s).
We can all say that Madonna follows her own style. We can also say that at one point or another we've been inspired by her fashion, especially those 80s looks. Think of something you'd wear while dancing to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (by Cyndi Lauper) or Like a Virgin. I love this video tutorial that Megan did!
10.Gypsy.
My inspiration for this is Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Also Stevie Nicks and fortune tellers have the look to aim for. Rich colorful and flowy fabrics and lots of bangles. Get big curly hair by following this tutorial.

That's it for my complete list of costume ideas! Hope you guys got something out of it. What are you planning on dressing up as for Halloween?

1 comment:

  1. the gypsy is nice but i also like the flapper costume of blair :)

    sammie
    from
    fashionbarbecue,com :)

    by the way : i have a little giveaway on my blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts!